Thursday, July 24, 2008

is time the enemy?

I often wonder if time is purposefully flying by, or if I've just gotten better at ignoring it as I get older. I keep shocking myself when I think back to high school and realize that nearly five years have gone by. I get a little nervous seeing what all my friends and acquaintances have been doing or accomplished. Have my years been wasted? with the traveling and bumming about, the random move to NYC, the never ending line of jobs I've started and quit. I mean I don't Think of myself as a failure, but it's a little scary sometimes seeing how far some people have come, with me feeling like I'm just starting. But I won't regret the path I've taken, if anything it's made me a much stronger person, with deeper insight into this world, the people in it, and especially myself. Really what more can a person ask for? True graduating from HS would be nice, and a degree even better, but those things will come, and I've finally realized the importance of an education which is a great start. I'm not sure how I'll fare the next coming years, with my endless wanderlust and continual boredom for the norm. I have lots of school and volunteering in my agenda, but I may end up back in NYC, or better yet living semi-permanently in Asia or some other fabulous country, working with animals and furthering my goal towards a steady and prominent animal career. I guess the most important thing for me is to just relax, enjoy the moment, learn as much as I can, and work hard at whatever it is that's in my life at the moment.

I think my mom's fridge magnet sums up my feelings best in this moment:
"Everything will be ok in the end, if it's not ok, it's not the end."

3 comments:

Chase Family said...

Play all you can you have the rest of your life to "be norm"!!

Taren said...

Hey, I can't sleep so I'm blog stalking you ;) I like this post, and I know exactly what you are saying. I feel the same way sometimes... okay, I lot of the times. I feel like I'm getting older and older, and accomplishing less and less, haha. Anyway, I agree with your mothers magnet and I can't wait until your a famous animal activist in Asia! I love you mads!

Amy said...

live free then go home! you inspire people wherever you go and are true to who you are and the lessons you get to learn, so what's the problem?! i love to witness and be apart of your journey!