Thursday, December 10, 2009

Day 4

I feel great today! Got a long night's sleep, and after class this morning I went to zumba for a great workout. After the gym I went to Walgreen's to purchase some new eye drops and some other stuff, then went to Sunflower Farmer's Market to buy some needed groceries.
WOW
I don't think I can afford to be healthy, it's Expensive! They have so much to choose from, and a great array of items for vegetarians, but man, some of the stuff costs a lot. I purchased: salsa, guacamole, tortillas, yogurt, superfood 'green machine' juice, granola, hemp-milk ice cream (sounds weird, but really really good) hummus, blue chips, feta cheese, carrots, broccoli, apples, veggie burgers, imitation ham (nervous about how that tastes, but I REALLY love sandwiches), and some tofu: some flavored, and some just plain that I can cook with. I ending up spending almost $100 bucks, and hope that this stuff lasts me a while so I don't go broke by trying to cook more at home. I will say though, my salad for lunch today was wonderful, and the garlic and herb flavored tofu in it tasted pretty good.


Tonight I think I'll have a southwestern veggie burger, with some of my salsa and guac... mmmmm

*Update* My veggie burger was in the toaster when I was invited to the hospital cafe (the same one I had just spent the night in) for dinner. So of course I popped it back into the freezer and opted to spend time with friends and eat gross unhealthy food instead. Well my grilled cheese was good, just not very healthy.... neither was the strawberry shake I had after, but it sure was tasty. And another day down without meat, and still doing really well, it's actually been quite easy.

0 comments: