Sunday, December 13, 2009

Day 6

Long long day today. I worked from 8:30 in the morning till 9:45 at night, with a couple short breaks mixed in between. For breakfast I had cereal again with almond milk, an apple as a snack, and then for lunch I had my left over mu shu stir fry (which was still really good). After work ate some left over thai curry with rice, but since there wasn't that much I decided to try one of my veggie burgers as well, and boy was that an interesting experience. I reheated it in my toaster oven and then fried it on the stove since it was still pretty soft and falling apart a little bit. I made a lovely burger with great toppings, lettuce, cheese, and lots of sauce. But upon biting into it I discovered that the texture was just too weird. The taste wasn't too bad, since the ingredients are mostly just vegetables, I think carrots being the main ingredient, but it was just too squishy and weird. I mean I could maybe get used to it (I'll have to since I bought a box that has 6 patties), but after these I probably won't be doing veggie burgers as a meal... at least not on a bun, maybe just cooked and eaten with some rice or something, or crumpled up in a salad.
Later that night I munched on some great chips and wonderful salsa and guacamole before taking a bath and going to bed early.
Again, another easy day being a vegetarian... I thought this was supposed to be hard?!

0 comments: