Thursday, December 17, 2009

Day _____

I got sick of writing about my daily eating habits, especially since no one reads this blog anyway, plus I'm going on vacation and will not be inclined to post while there. But I'm still a vegetarian, feel great after almost two weeks, and look forward to the rest of the month.

And in other news. I just got an internship at the Audubon Zoo in New Orleans!! It is an AZA accredited zoo and actually one of the top in the nation, so it'll be amazing on my resume. Also the best part is that I'll be working in the Asian Domain section with: Tigers, Amur leopards, Malayan Sun bears, Babirusa, Asian small clawed otters, Lions, Camels, Barasingha, Elephants, several species of Asian tortoises and 2 species of cranes, Bar headed goose, Indian porcupine and Milky storks. I start in March, and will be there for at least three months, maybe longer. If anyone has family or friends there, please let me know, I'll need a place to live!

I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!!!

4 comments:

amy said...

Call Harry Connick or Brad and have them hook you up!

Ashley O said...

Um, so this is pretty much the coolest thing ever! I have fabulous friends. I knew I should have stuck with this field. It was a dream of mine my whole life until college. Then dance happened :(

Congratulations. Also, I shall be adding you to my blogies list.

Ciera said...

That is SO exciting!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! That is very exciting. I know a girl who works at a zoo in Chicago and she has so much fun.